Full-arch restoration is a life-changing procedure for patients who need to replace an entire upper or lower arch of teeth. Full-arch restoration is an incredibly efficient and effective way of replacing many, most, or all of your teeth using as few as four permanent and secure dental implants. For patients who are looking for an alternative to removable dentures, full-arch restoration may be a good option. At Southern Surgical Arts in Tyler, TX, our surgeons are experts at full-arch procedures and other dental implant-based solutions for tooth loss.
Why choose full-arch restoration?
For patients who are healthy enough to receive dental implants, full-arch restoration offers a permanent, secure, and natural-looking solution. Even if some bone loss has taken place around the teeth and gums, the strategic placement of the implants creates a stable foundation for your new replacement teeth. The advanced techniques used to place your new set of teeth drastically reduce your overall recovery time, allowing you to enjoy your new smile faster.
This dental implant-based surgery offers a variety of benefits over other tooth loss solutions:
- Less post-surgical discomfort, swelling, and healing time
- Permanent, non-removable, functional new teeth
- Can support a full arch of teeth with as few as four implants
- Dental implants prevent bone loss and preserve your oral health
Full-Arch Restoration Procedures
The process of having a full-arch restoration is usually a team effort between you, your oral surgeon, and your restorative dentist. Before your procedure, we will complete a consultation appointment to discuss all of your restoration options. At this time, we will complete an oral examination and take 3D scans of your mouth. We will base much of the treatment planning for your procedure on these 3D images, which saves time and creates a more accurate treatment plan for the patient.
Every patient is different, and we will tailor the exact treatment plan for your restoration to your unique oral health condition and surgical preferences. Typically, the full-arch procedure goes as follows:
- First, your oral surgeon will administer the appropriate anesthesia. Then, we will strategically place four or more implants beneath the gums. These implants will anchor your final set of new teeth in place, creating a secure and stable foundation. Depending on your situation, you may be able to receive your final denture right away, but in some cases, patients choose to have a temporary denture in place while their implant sites heal completely — doing so can ensure that your implants heal fully and successfully before they undergo additional pressure.
- Your dentist will custom make your prosthesis/denture to look just like your healthy natural teeth during the healing period. Once the entire process is complete, and the surgical sites have healed, you will be able to eat, speak, and smile confidently with your permanent new teeth.
Full-Arch Restoration in Tyler, TX
If you need to replace many or all of your upper and/or lower teeth, full-arch restoration may be right for you. Many patients who want an alternative to removable dentures opt for the more permanent and secure full-arch procedure. To learn more or schedule your consultation, contact our office at (903) 534-1414. One of our staff members will be happy to assist you in scheduling your first appointment.