Thank you for choosing Southern Surgical Arts, the office of Drs. Charles and Brian Stone, for your appointment. During your initial consultation, you can expect to undergo a comprehensive examination. This will allow our team to fully diagnose your condition, explain your options for treatment, and assist you in making a decision to move forward with a solution to restore your oral health.
On occasion, we can complete your surgery on the same day as the initial consultation. If you have a complex medical history or treatment plan, you will likely require a second appointment to receive treatment on another day.
To assist our team in providing you with the most efficient care and consultation possible, please bring the following information to your first appointment:
- Your surgical referral slip and any X-rays, if applicable
- A list of medications you are currently taking
- If you have medical or dental insurance, bring the necessary completed forms. This will save time and allow us to help you process any claims.
We encourage all patients to complete the online patient registration before their first appointment. Completing this paperwork in advance will allow our team to see you quickly upon arrival.
- If you are under the age of 18 years, you must have a parent or guardian present at the consultation visit.
- Please alert the office if you have a medical condition that may be of concern before surgery (e.g., diabetes, high blood pressure, artificial heart valves and joints, rheumatic fever, etc.) or if you are currently taking any medication (e.g., heart medications, aspirin, anticoagulant therapy, etc.).
- Both a pre-operative consultation and physical examination are mandatory for patients undergoing IV anesthesia for surgery. Please have nothing to eat or drink six hours before your surgery. You will also need an adult to drive you home.
If your dentist or physician has taken X-rays, you may request that they forward them to our offices. If there is not enough time, please pick them up and bring them to our office. We may complete additional imaging in our office if necessary to diagnose your condition and execute your treatment.